Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life Without Meat

Today I decided to go vegetarian. Cecil and had a discussion before about the number of times we eat meat during a day. I am pretty sure I eat a meat at least twice a day, if not three. Matter fact, I don’t remember a single day in my life where I have gone without eating a meat. It is kind of sad and unhealthy at the same time. While I am sure I will be tired AND grumpy by the end of the day, I have decided to challenge myself to bypass any meat product today. Thus far I am 2 for 2!

For breakfast I enjoyed some Post bran cereal with the nuts and berries. I guess I should look at the box and figure out exactly what I am eating. I bypassed the milk and just ate it dry. I figured that would save me a few calories for the day. I also ate a nice green banana. That surprisingly kept me full until lunch. I am currently enjoying the nice vegetarian pizza I decided to have for lunch, and some chips I packed. I can not readily identify the diverse array of vegetables they decided to put on this pizza. Each time I bite into it though, there is a new pleasant surprise. I do recognize the mushrooms, onions, peppers, and cauliflower though. I am almost certain they found every vegetable they had in the back and decided to chop it up and put it on this pizza. It is fulfilling nonetheless.

I am motivated to go 3 for 3. Maybe then I can turn my vegetarian streak into two Whole days.