Friday, July 27, 2007

Say Yes!

So one of my coworkers wrote me yesterday and asked me did I want to go to a Floetry concert. Being the HUGE fan that I am, I had to "Say Yes." I rushed home in order to shower and get jiggy for the show so I didn't get to stop by subway as I had orginially planned. I had no knowledge of the venu they were playin at but I figured I was going to be able to go in and grab some food before the show started but when I got there at 7, the doors were closed and they were letting no one in. Alana, Sheyreese, and I were all starving so me and Alana, walked to Qdoba while Shey stayed in line. I decided to go with my usual chicken burrito. I really wanted the chicken quesadilla, but figured it wouldn't go to well trying to stand up and eat it in line.

The doors at Paradise were SUPPOSED to open up at 7 so we could buy our tickets. After standing in line for TWO hours we were finally let in at 9. Some no name girl got on stage at like 9:30 and I figured they were going to let her fiddle on the mic for maybe 2-3 song, but umm no. This girl was on stage for an HOUR. I think I heard a total of 2 words she sang cuz her band was playing so damn loud. Finally after sound checking for fifteen mintues, Floetry came on stage. I was highly disappointed that Natalie "floacist" Stewart was not performing, however they still rocked the house. I found out today at work that she is no longer in the group and was replaced by the girl no one knew last nite, radio hostess Amanda Diva. If you think Marsha can sing on wax, you should hear her voice live. Her voice is music has to be one of the best I have ever heard.

1 comment:

Necessary Judgement said...

What, they got rid of the floacist!? Man, I don't know if I can get behind them anymore...